Summer is right around the corner, so we’re looking ahead to strawberry season with our latest recipe. We love the champagne finish of the Prestige Moments bakeware collection – it’s the perfect colour for making the pale pink buttercream pop!
150g self-raising flour
150g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
400g icing sugar
200g butter, softened
Handful of strawberries
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar for the cakes, until pale and creamy. Add the eggs a little at a time, being sure to stir well between each addition.
2. Sift the flour into the bowl, then fold into the cake mixture until fully combined. Place paper cases in a 12 hole muffin tray and fill each approximately two thirds full.
3. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. Whilst the cakes cool, make the icing. Cream together the butter and sifted icing sugar to create a smooth buttercream. Mash up the strawberries (a fork works well) and stir your rough puree through the buttercream until mixed in.
5. Spoon your buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Carefully pipe a swirl onto each cooled cupcake. If you have any spare strawberries, decorate with strawberry halves or slices.