G Plan Washington - 3 Seat Sofa
Sleek and refined, the clean lines of the G Plan Washington sofa are the epitome of modern design. With Excellent lumber support, you can relax in stylish comfort.
This item is made to order
It is G Plans policy to purchase timber from responsible sources, where reforestation is assured.
Quality serpentine springs for long term durability. All springs are expertly spaced for maximum comfort and support. Springs are housed in special lined brackets, ensuring they don’t squeak when you sit down
All seat cushion interiors use premium quality foams while back cushions use high quality fibre for lasting comfort and quality.
Du pont's Quallofil extra life fibre ensures that cushions recover their shape after use. It also maximises the durability of the furniture. Fibre is held in compartments separated by baffles to prevent thinning of heavily used areas
We can obtain most models from the G Plan range, but we may not feature them in the store. We will be happy to quote a competitive price, please come to the store to view or contact us on 01992 780711
All screens vary in colour reproduction and whilst every effort has been made to display the colour as accurately as possible it is for guidance only.
It is very important that we point out and that you understand the normal natural characteristics of leather upholstery and that it is quite possible that these unique features will be present on your new furniture when it is delivered to you. These features are appreciated and enjoyed by discerning owners of leather upholstery.
- Healed scars, variations in graining, wrinkles, veining and differences in tone are all quite normal and proof of the natural origin of leather.
- ‘Puddling’ of seats will occur with use, with the stretching of leather and settlement of the interiors. It is recommended to rotate use of seating areas to maintain an even appearance.
- Fibre filled cushions require ‘dressing’ and ‘plumping’ after delivery, as settlement may have occurred during shipment. Cushions then need to be ‘dressed’ regularly to maintain the furniture’s appearance and prevent flattening of the fibre filled interiors.
- Leather can be sensitive to oily substances to include normal hand and hair grease. We suggest wiping over arm pads and head cushions, especially on high-backed reclining furniture, with a damp cloth on a weekly basis to help prevent discolouration. Please see reverse for further details.
- ‘Waxed’ and full ‘Aniline’ leathers will mark to give an ‘aged authentic’ look. Due to natural variations in the manner in which the dye is absorbed into these leathers, it may show significant variations in shade and texture on the same hide. It is therefore not always possible to achieve a uniform match between adjoining panels.
- Waxed and full aniline leathers have little or no surface protection. They absorb moisture and breathe, hence their very soft, glove-like feel. We would advise that you apply the protection cream, supplied free of charge with all purchases of this leather type, prior to use and on a regular basis as instructed on the product, 2-4 times a year. This will increase durability and resistance against stains, spots, grease marks and spillages. If you have any concerns regarding suitability of waxed/full aniline leathers, a collection of protected leathers are available.
- Dye transfer may occur from certain items of clothing, which is particularly noticeable on lighter colour leathers – some clothing nowadays is not as colourfast as years gone by i.e. jeans –this problem is not a fault of the leather furniture.
Below are some useful care and maintenance tips to help prolong the life of your investment. A 5 year Guardsman Warranty for total peace of mind is available to purchase on leather furniture and includes a free leather care kit. Alternatively a range of recommended cleaning products are available at additional cost. Please ask for details.
- Periodically dust your furniture with a clean, dry, soft cloth.
- For stains from soft drinks, coffee, tea, milk, chocolate, oil, grease, cosmetics, foundation cream: remove the excess liquid from the surface by wiping with a cloth or absorbent paper. With a clean cloth, soaked in a mild solution of water and neutral soap, gently rub the stain from the outside inwards. Do not soak the leather surface and dry immediately with a clean cloth. Do not dry the leather in sunlight or by using a hairdryer. Use only water and neutral soap.
Waxed & Aniline Leathers
- Periodically dust your furniture with a clean, dry, soft cloth.
- For dried soiling: gently brush with a very soft brush or gently clean with a vacuum cleaner.
- For stains from soft drinks, coffee, tea, milk, marmalade: remove the excess liquid from the surface by wiping with a cloth or absorbent paper. With a clean cloth, soaked in a mild solution of water and neutral soap, gently rub the stain from the outside inwards. Do not soak the leather surface, and dry immediately with a clean cloth. Do not dry the leather in sunlight or by using a hairdryer.
- For stains from greasy substances (oil, ketchup, mayonnaise, chocolate): gently remove the excess substance from the surface with absorbent paper, taking care not to press, so as to avoid the substance becoming ingrained in the leather’s pores. With a clean cloth, soaked in a mild neutral soap solution, gently rub the stain from the outside inwards. Dry immediately with a clean cloth. Use only water and neutral soap.
- Avoid placing your furniture close to heat sources, such as heaters or radiators.
- To maintain the leather’s natural colour, avoid exposure to direct sunlight or powerful lamps.
- The use of non-recommended cleaners could irreparably damage the leather, causing cracks and discolouring.
Every G Plan sofa and recliner is made to order in Melksham, Wiltshire and carries the personal signature of the upholsterer who handcrafted it. Highly skilled craftsmen follow a 23 stage design and development process to ensure each G Plan sofa stands the test of time.
G Plan go to great lengths to source the highest quality materials to provide you with stunning sofas & chairs that will last for many years to come.
Each G Plan sofa and chair is ergonomically designed for unrivalled comfort, with the option of recliner actions in most of them. You can choose from over 120 soft fabrics, 20 colours of Italian premium leather in three different finishes as well as extra fabric lengths to help you create a fully co-ordinated home.
Plump up cushions frequently to stop creasing and flattening. Turn reversible cushions regularly to enhance their appearance and comfort.
Where possible, reposition upholstery in your room for more equal seat usage.
Lightly vacuum fabric covered upholstery once a week to prevent dust from building up. Accumulated dirt will dull colours and speed up wear.
Dust leather furniture with a soft brush weekly and wipe with a damp cloth. Do not use polishes, detergents, solvents, white spirit or stain remover as they may damage the leather. Clean quarterly with lukewarm, mild solution of a pure soaping agent. It’s important not to over wet the leather. Failure to carry out simple cleaning on a regular basis can reduce the life of your leather upholstery.
Do not leave newspapers on your sofa or chairs as the ink can stain.
Avoid sitting on upholstery with heavy soiled or non-colourfast clothing.
Direct sunlight can cause fading, so protect furniture by drawing curtains and blinds whenever possible.
To prevent wear, avoid sitting on the arms of chairs. We know children love jumping on sofas but they can damage the cushion covers and seat.
Care should be taken with sharp edged toys, buckles and jewellery. Trim off loose threads with sharp scissors as pulling them could leave a hole.
Recliner mechanisms should be operated with care and children should refrain from playing on them.
Keep furniture away from direct heat or air conditioning as this can cause joints to dry out and crack.
Keep pets off furniture to avoid scratches or marks.
In the event of accidents or severe soiling, please contact your stockist or seek professional advice.
Removable armcaps are available on selected models.
Item Number: 9000158582
Availability: This item is available to order
Lead Time: Made for you in Approx 8 weeks
Delivery Charges: Click here for details
- Fishpools Home Delivery