Delicious, homemade cakes are a true luxury, but they don’t always go to plan. The trick to being your very own Mary Berry is a simple recipe and quality equipment, just like our Inspire Loose Based Round 10” Cake Tin. It’s the perfect tin for our yummy carrot and walnut cake!
5 eggs, beaten
400g self raising flour
550g Muscovado sugar
450ml vegetable oil
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
500g carrots, grated
250g icing sugar
Handful of Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180*C, fan 160*C, Gas Mark 4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients (excluding the carrots) and combine. Stir in grated carrot, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon mixture into greased and lined deep 10” cake tin. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cover with tin foil if the top browns too quickly. Use a skewer to check the middle is cooked.
- Pop cake out, slide off loose base and leave to cool on a wire rack. Whilst cake cools, make the icing by sieving the icing sugar over the mascarpone and butter then creaming together until fully combined.
- Once cooled, cut cake into three even layers, allowing for the dome on the top layer. Sandwich the layers together with the mascarpone icing.
- Cover the top with the mascarpone icing too, then sprinkle with chopped walnuts to finish.
For an extra touch of luxury, swirl toffee sauce over our Square White Dining Plate, sprinkle with more chopped walnuts, add a scoop of ice cream then place a slice of cake artfully on one side.
For our full range of roast and bakeware click here.