Winter and indulgent cooking go hand in hand, but it can be quite easy to get stuck in a rut. If you fancy a new savoury warmer to try out, we’ve put together this gorgeous recipe that will look absolutely perfect in our Baker Street Grey Square Dish.
900g potatoes, King Edward or similar
Approx. 12-15 broccoli florets
1 large red onion, sliced
150ml double cream
150g gruyere cheese, grated
Small handful of basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to fan 180, gas mark 6. Slice the potatoes into 1-2cm thick wedges. Place in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for around 20 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside, leaving the lid on.
- Add the broccoli to boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and place in iced water to retain some bite and colour.
- Put the potatoes in a layer in the dish. Add the onion and drained broccoli, spreading evenly around the potato.
- Pour the cream over the dish, making sure to distribute evenly. Sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Add the basil leaves immediately after the bake comes out the oven – the residual heat will wilt the leaves perfectly.